[FW-1] Problem with Static NAT in a lab environment

Hi all,

I am testing static NAT between two firewalls. fw.madrid.cp and fw.rome.cp

Set up is as follows

Each firewall has a web server sitting behind it on a private network. I
have created all the correct objects on each firewall and everything works
as expected untill Static NAT rules are applied.

In the workstation properties for each web server object, I click on NAT tab
and put in VIP address for the webserver. I also add the VIP address in the
NAT tab of partner city webserver. I have checked the corresponding
properties on each firewall and they are all correct.

The problem is as follows

When I connect to the VIP address for www.madrid.cp from fw.rome.cp via http
everything works fine and the logs confirm that NAT is configured correctly.
When connecting to www.rome.cp from fw.madrid.cp via http the connection
fails and is dropped by fw.rome.cp. The logs on  fw.rome.cp have the
following;

the_flags 2 message_info_TCP packet out of state

I may be missing something obvious buit any assistance would be most
helpful.

Thanks

Marc

Marc Kisner
Harrier Group

Switchboard:    +44 (0)Facsimile:      +44 (0)Mobile: +44 (0) 77740 431 598
DDI                     +44 (0)Email:  mailto:[email protected]
Web:    http://www.harrierzeuros.co.uk

Privileged/Confidential Information may be contained in this message.  If
message to anyone.  In such case, you should destroy this message and kindly
notify the sender by reply email.  Please advise immediately if you or your
employer do not consent to Internet email for messages of this kind.
given nor endorsed by it.